Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday's Quote of the Week: 16 Mar 2011

I know I said that I'd try and do this every week, and I know I failed at that after one week, but in my defence I've been extremely busy the past two weeks and I don't normally think of blogging on Wednesdays and Thursdays anyway. Of course, that's why I chose those days, but knowing me, it may have been a poor decision in hindsight. Irrespective, here is your quote of the week for this week:

Nature doesn't make long speeches.
A whirlwind doesn't last all morning.
A cloudburst doesn't last all day.
Who makes the wind and rain?
Heaven and earth do.
If heaven and earth don't go on and on,
certainly people don't need to.

This quote is taken from Chapter 23 of the Ursula K. Le Guin translation of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu [Dao De Jing by Laozi]. A follow-up post should come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment